St. Johns County Supervisor of Elections
Vicky Oakes began her career in the Elections Office in March of 1988, serving as the Assistant Supervisor for 23 years.
Vicky was appointed Supervisor of Elections by Gov. Rick Scott on September 6, 2011.
In November of 2012 she was elected to serve as Supervisor, and is currently serving her second term.
She is fully committed to conducting safe, secure and accurate elections for St. Johns County.
- State of Florida Certified Supervisor of Elections - January 2013 to present
- Master Florida Certified Elections Professional (MFCEP) - January 2015 to present
- National Certified Election/Registration Administrator (CERA) - August 2017 to present
Accomplishments since taking Office:
- Updated technology to meet the current needs of voters and provide for safe, secure elections
- Expanded voter education program
- Developed volunteer program
- Initiated supervised voting program in nursing homes and assisted living facilities
- Florida Native
- Resident of St. Johns County since 1983
- Husband Paul; married 32 years